Saturday, October 5, 2013

Act Three: Three Babies and a Little Man

Somehow I randomly stumbled across this blog and shockingly I haven't finished the story. Hell of a suspenseful novel I created.

So there we were, squeezed in between two baby chairs. Well, my friend was, I sat shot gun. Clearly! I'm sure the conversation was nothing short of stimulating on the way home. I don't recall (it was about 8 months ago), what I do recall is hearing the latest Beyoncé track and blaring his radio so I could jam. This is horrifying for many a reason. One, I just touched the mans radio without even asking, and two, no one in my life would say I'm blessed in the dancing or singing departments. I would like to say that I would beg to differ. We agree to disagree on that one.

You can now add one more thing to my growing resume...master of first impressions with men.

Somehow it didn't scare him away, so all three of us went into my apartment to watch some basketball.

While I was getting us drinks in the kitchen I did the girly thing and started badgering my friend abort
about if she liked him. Only problem with these questioning tactics was that my kitchen is only separated from my family room by a thin wall. So he heard everything.

Yet, Antwoine still stayed. Probably another red flag. I mean I was just one big red flag that evening (reminders Hawks had just gotten defeated, so I wasn't on my A game #amIever), so for him to see past all of that was strange.

Cut to a couple weeks later when he showed up after I called him in less than 20 minutes (I'm pretty sure he lives more than 30 minutes away). What did he fly here?

Come to find out he left all three of his cherubs at home to come kick it with me. I know I'm a special kind of wonderful, but this was a little bit ridiculous. And neglectful.

Cheerio Antwoine. Thanks for the....ride home.

PS-considering I am writing this three fourths of a year later you would expect Mr. Sir Babies for Days would be long gone. However, two weeks ago I received a text from an unknown number. It turned out to be him again. Seriously, why don't men get rid of my number? I know, I know...just to g damn amazing.

We started talking a bit and guess what? He gave me a ride home after a friends birthday party. And then left right away after saying that we were friends.

Friends? Turns out a friend in his world is drive 30 minutes from his home to pick me up every 8 months or so. In my world, I call that a taxi service.

Getting a taxi out of this relationship? Could've done worse.

And another one bites the dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment