Thursday, April 11, 2013

Act 2: The Meet-Cute


According to urbandictionary.com a meet- cute is defined as, "Scenario in which two individuals are brought together in some unlikely, zany, destined-to-fall-in-love-and-be-together-forever sort of way (the more unusual, the better)." Wikipedia.com defines it as, "A meet-cute is a term sometimes used to describe a situation in film, television, etc. in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time in a way that is considered adorable, entertaining, or amusing." 
Neither of these descriptions accurately portray my first meeting with Antoine. 
The date was January 13th, 2013. A day that is burnt in Seattleites minds. It's the day the mighty Seahawks were brought down by the Falcons. It wasn't pretty in the streets of Seattle. Not pretty at all. 
My day, as any full fledge fan, started out before dawn...much before dawn, with a thing my friends and I loyally call Shakes and Pancakes. We also had mimosas, but that didn't go with the rhyme, so we left it out for creative purposes. It was playoff day and the game was early. East coast early. So, roll call for the game was earlier. 6:45 am to be exact. Don't judge. We had to pre-funk before the bar opened at 8. It was a special day.  You would have done the same. 
Let me paint you a picture of the beginning of our day. I believe I was the only one to partake in a protein shake, a few pancakes were consumed, and two bottles of the finest champagne bottles were popped...and devoured. All by 7:30. We also were learning a dance that R. Sherm had so magnificently pulled off during a news segment. I couldn't do it, but the mimosas told me differently. #thankyousweetbubbly.
It was going to be a good day; as long as the Hawks pulled it out. 
They didn't. It was devastating. 
There we were. Silent and upset. By silent I mean one of my friends slammed her glass against the ground. It was a wee bit of rage. But it only lasted a brief moment. After I scurried her away from glittering glass and beefy bouncers I realized life must go on. 
And continue it did. I then turned my attention to my friends Mother, who's birthday it was that very day. My goal was for her to never forget her big day. Lets just say her birthday turned into an epic time with her getting two numbers. One from the Bartendar and one from a rando Homie from the south. Both smitten for this lady. 
Once I knew she was sufficiently having a grand ol' time, my attention began drifting elsewhere. Unfortunately for a lot of people (mostly me) it drifted (and landed for a long time) on my iPhone. 
That's when the "destined" and "zany" meet-cute started. 
With one phone call Antoine was on his way to my "rescue". I remember thinking...I must sound really upset...er ummmm something. #emphasisonthesomething
Going back to our table, I told my friend that our Knight in Shining Soberness was on his way to swoop us up.  She wasn't as thrilled as I was. 
When I got the call that he had arrived we ran outside, dodging meandering wanderers and miserable weather. 
So, there it was. Our meet-cute. It consisted of my friend and I jumping into his car at an intersection. #moderndaySleeplessinSeattle.  
Not awkward at all right? Minus the fact that I had never met him, didn't really know him... And oh yeah, my friend had to squeeze in the back between two car seats. 

Doesn't everyone start a healthy, lasting relationship this way?

Meet-cute... Done and Done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment